[RTTY] IC-765 - AFSK Interfacing?

Marty Tippin martyt@pobox.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:06:55 -0500

Going to Curacao in a couple of weeks to operate the WAE SSB contest - am
planning to do some RTTY (and maybe PSK31 and MFSK16) while on the island.
Rig at the shack is an Icom IC-765, about which I know nothing.

What is the "best" way to get AFSK and keying into the rig (and receive
audio out) -- I presume there's an auxiliary connector of some sort that
provides the necessary inputs and outputs.

Would appreciate if anyone who's using an IC-765 in AFSK could e-mail me
with the details, particularly what kind of plug(s) I need to buy and the
pins to use for AFSK in, Receive audio out, PTT and GND -- also FSK shift
if available. I already have the appropriate audio isolation and keying
interface built -- just need to come up with a cable between the rig and my
interface box.

I'll make a more official announcement about planned RTTY activities in a
few days...

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com