[RTTY] GU0SUP SCC SOABLP

Phil Cooper Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 20:04:09 +0100

Hi one and all................

Well, the home PC is almost back together again! Still quite a bit of
software to load, but at least the email is working!

I had anticipated starting about 1500UTC (only 3 hours late), but when I
switched on the rig, there was absolutely NOTHING! Now, after suffering a
failed HDD on this PC, I began to suspect heavy-duty gremlins, and started
frantically checking all the RF connections, and almost had the shack PC in
bits too. Tried checking the DX Cluster to see if anything was being
spotted, but the connection to the mainland UK has failed due to a power
failure, so I really began to worry.

Gave up in the shack, and came indoors to load a few more items into this
PC, and then found I had no sound from the soundcard! In the end, I gave up
in total despair, and went to the pub for a meal. Came home too full of
cider to care about contests, and watched telly for a bit before going to
bed.

When I got up this morning, (late, as well!), I found that all was well, so
it must have been the X5 flare that caused the problems, and not the shack
set-up.

In the end, I made 52 Q's in just under 3 hours, so whoever said they were
bottom of the pile has just been pushed a little higher!
Nice to see some of the newer calls trying RTTY again, and welcome to the
"happy bunch"!!!

Here is what I managed:
Call used: GU0SUP
Location:  Guernsey
Year Licenced: 1992

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band (Low Power)

Band    QSOs   Pts  Years
80           0        0     0
40           0        0     0
20          19      39    17
15          23      49    18
10          10      21     8
Total     52     109    43

Claimed Score: 4687

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5.01 + MMTTY

Power Output: 60 watts

Very best 73 to all, and thanks to the S5 crew for sponsoring this contest
Phil GU0SUP