[RTTY] Changing TU QRZ in Running Mode (MMTTY)

Kok Chen chen@mac.com
Sat, 01 Dec 2001 09:52:29 -0800

Andy KB2EOQ wrote:
> QSOMacroStr2="\r\nQSL TU QRZ? DE %m %m K\r\n\\"

I don't use MMTTY, but have been using my own program for
contests for quite a few years now.

When I saw this line from Andy, I did a double take.

This is almost the same the same format I use for storing messages!
Instead of \r, I use %r.  But "my call" is also %m :-)

The other formats are:

//        c        callsign
//        f        friend name
//        m        my call
//        n        QSO number (3 digit, or more)
//        N        cut QSO number
//        o        QSO number (1 digit, or more; no leading zero)
//        r        carriage return
//        t        time
//        x        use default exchange

"Use default exchange" is what shows up on my GUI in the exchange field.
The %N format is for CW contests, an RTTY'er may not like QSO exchanges
such as "TU 5NN A2N"; "UE UE" is bad enough in Baudot :-)

A typical macro in RTTY for me is:

%r%c QSL TU %f 599-%n-%n DE %m%r

73
Chen, AA6TY