[RTTY] GU3HFN TARA 2001 SOABLP

Phil Cooper Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 13:36:23 -0000

Hi one and all,

Now just how much better could it get? Fantastic conditions this year, and
it was a real treat to work VE6RAJ on 2 bands, and also - to finally work
Chen AA6TY on 15, although it seems he heard us on 10. Also worked KH6GMP on
10m (way up the band), and I have never heard this call before. His call
printed several times OK, and he got our exchange correctly too!
Although conditions were good, we found it hard to get a run going with a
CQ, but we were heard by almost all that we called, with a few notable
exceptions! There was WN1OTV (I think), who had a HUGE signal here, but
wasn't working EU at all. A shame! No sign of Eddie this time, but plenty
from OR, NV and CA in the log, plus BC too.

Really enjoyed this one, and it was Keith GU6EFB and me running the show.
It's great to have a TH6 up 50 feet!

Anyway, here is what we did:

TARA Sprint   2001

Call used: GU3HFN
Location:  Guernsey

Entry Class: Multi Op, Single Xmit, Low Power

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
80          13       13     0         7
40          44      44     5        21
20          40      40    26        5
15          25      25     18        1
10          28      28     16        3
--------------------------------------
Total    150    150    30*     29*
--------------------------------------
* - Counted only once (not once per band)

Claimed Score: 8850

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5.02

Power Output: 100 watts
Antennas: TH6 plus wires for 40 & 80

"I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations etc etc"

Phil Cooper GU0SUP
Keith Le Boutillier GU6EFB