[RTTY] Jubilee Contest 2002

Frank Hunt ditdah@infogen.net.nz
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:20:45 +1300

I checked the rules at the RSGB HFContests web site, and it would
seem there are two sections:

(A) British Commonwealth stations work the Rest of the World, and

(B) Rest of the World stations work British Commonwealth.

I think I have operated in nearly all the rtty contests over the past
12 months, and I have only worked 96 British Commonwealth stations,
(23-G, 41-VE, 21-VK, and 11-others). So for "Rest of World" stations
it's going to be slim pickings I reckon, unless there are at least
400 British Commonwealth stations who would be active on rtty for the
contest.

In addition the Jubilee contest dates of June 8/9 clash with the
ANARTS rtty contest. Which for me creates a dilemma, because I would
like the enter the Jubilee contest on CW, and also the ANARTS.

Anyway here's an idea - why couldn't the 2002 ANARTS contest be <underline>the</underline>
rtty section of the Jubilee contest? Modify the the ANARTS rules
slightly, everyone still work everyone, but instead of just bonus
points for working VK stations, it could be bonus points for working
all British Commonwealth stations. This would be within the spirit of
the Jubilee contest, and would be easy to implement.

Comments anyone please.

73, Frank ZL2BR

<nofill>