[RTTY] Compiler for WF1B source code?

George Henry ka3hsw@earthlink.net
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 23:10:50 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Flanders" <jflanders2@home.com>
To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2001 9:42 PM
Subject: [RTTY] Compiler for WF1B source code?

> What is the minimum ("low cost") compiler required to work with the WF1B
> source code? Brand? Version?
>
> I understand it is in PASCAL, but haven't actually read any of it yet.
>
> Anybody actually working with the source code?
>
> Jerry W4UK

I looked at the .PAS files in the source code package, and they don't have
the compiler info embedded in them, so I can't tell you what they were
actually created and compiled with.  I  imagine that Borland's Turbo Pascal
7.0 should probably work fine with it.  You should be able to find it fairly
cheaply on eBay, or even free if you search a file-sharing engine like
Morpheus  ( I've heard that you can even find the entire MS Visual Studio
6.0 package there!)

STANDARD DISCLAIMER:  I am not advocating the exchange or sharing of
licensed software, which certain government agencies frown upon, even
ancient DOS-based compilers for obsolete programming languages...   I am
merely pointing out that such services do, in fact, exist.        ;-)

73 de KA3HSW