[RTTY] suggestions?

David Ashworth fathom1@directvinternet.com
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:34:53 -0000

Greetings to the group.  I have used PSK31 programs and have no trouble with
them, however, I am trying to just read an RTTY signal and am not having any
luck so far.  I am using MMTTY, a modern pc with soundblaster 16pci card and
a Kenwood TS850.  To make things simple, I have the audio from the radio
(external speaker jack) going straight to the soundblaster's mic input.  I
have followed the directions that come with MMTTY, set the receiver to lsb,
usb, pushed the rev button on the program, but can only seem to get garbage,
even with no signal present.  I notice that this program is similiar to the
PSK31 programs-it tells me to reduce the audio going into the sound card,
when the audio is too high. Perhaps someone on the list might shed some
light on this, or suggest another program to try?  Thanks in advance, Dave,
NC6P