[RTTY] Re: RTTY Lists

Jim Reisert AD1C Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 23:07:51 -0400

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:40:12 -0500, K9YO-Cedrick W. Johnson wrote:

>Not necessarily. According to internet regulations that deal with the
>transfer of user information (cases handled by the Federal Trade
>Commission) the transfer of ownership can take place, but the rules
>specifically state that there must be an easy way to opt-out.

And there was!  In the header of the subscription message you received
were several URLs.  One of them was the URL I posted earlier which took
you to the main page for that mailing list, with a description of where
to go to unsubscribe.

FYI, we did the SAME thing with the SD-USER list this past weekend,
transferring the list from one server (blacksheep.org) to another
(contesting.com).  Everone got a subscription notice that also included
instructions on how to unsubscribe.  Neither Paul EI5DI nor I have
received a SINGLE complaint about this.

I personally see no problem transferring a set of addresses from one
list to a like-kind list when the former list is to be de-commissioned.
After all, you did sign up for the first list voluntarily, didn't you.

Please no flames - it isn't worth it.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com