[RTTY] Re: [Dx-QSL] K5K

Alan C. Zack k6acz@earthlink.net
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 21:09:37 -0700

I hope they are not holding it against people who appear to have made
insurance contacts.  I managed to work them prior to the CQWWDX Contest, then
on my entering the contest I heard them calling CQ Contest and worked them
again on a couple of bands for the contest mults and points, so I had other
motives other than an insurance contact.

Shelby Summerville wrote:

> Received today!  :)  #319 mixed....#212 RTTY
> I don't make it a habit of working "insurance" contacts, instead relying
> that if/when I hear/see my call, it will be in the log, All contacts with
> K5K were confirmed except 80 CW. What an
> "empty feeling" to receive "NOT IN LOG" for that one! Judging from the time
> I "thought" that I worked them, I would still have had plenty to try again.
> Life goes on...and just grateful to all of those that made even one contact
> with K5K possible.
> C'Ya, Shelby
>
> DX: Long may it live !

			  Amateur Radio Station K6ACZ