[RTTY] WD9EWK/7 NAQP RTTY 2001 SOAB

Patrick STODDARD wd9ewk@yahoo.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 18:24:12 +0000

Saturday was a good day to be on the radio... warm outside
(104F/40C), and no calls from the office.  Unfortunately I
had a full house of TV watchers, so I stayed off 15m (the
only band I get TVI complaints about, which come from the
rest of my house - not from any of my neighbors).  I only
had a handful of QSOs on 10m, so I spent most of the time
on 20m - and 40m later in the day.  Very enjoyable!  It is
also nice to see the scores appearing on this list, even
if most of them are well beyond my total. :)

My first RTTY contest was this NAQP, in 1999.  After only
a few hours of that contest, I was hooked on this mode.
I'm still enjoying it, and look forward to this contest
next year - with possibly some other "name" to use in the
exchange.

NAQP RTTY - 2001

Call used: WD9EWK/7
Location:  Arizona (DM33vm)
Single-Op, all band

Band    QSOs    Mults
80m        0        0
40m       30       17
20m       89       44
15m        0        0
10m        5        5
Total    124       66

Claimed Score:   8184

IC-706Mk2 (100W), KAM Plus, Hustler 4BTV

"I have observed all competition rules..."

/s/  Patrick Stoddard WD9EWK/7

--
Patrick STODDARD                E-mail: wd9ewk at amsat dot org
Glendale, Arizona, USA          ICBM:   33.5 N 112.2 W