[RTTY] THE BIG DOGS run rabid in NAQP RTTY

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:44:13 -0500

I would like to congratulate my fellow BIG DOGS for a fine
flealess effort.  Not only did we maul the competition, we
destroyed the old team record by over 200k doggie bones!

The Unofficial results of this year's THE BIG DOGS show:

K3MM -Tyler "Bad Dog" Stewart - 112,424
AA5AU - Don "Swamp Dog" Hill - 105,280
WT4I - Bruce "Thunder Dog" Lifter - 101,541
W1ZT - George "Sea Dog" Johnson - 60,066
WS7I - Jay "Gun Dog" Townsend - 50,553

I understand that "Gun Dog" may be hiding a few more bones in
his back yard.  He was a last minute replacement for Ron "Mad Dog"
Stailey K5DJ, and did a great job for us.

Unofficial Total = 429,864 points
Current Team Record = 228,597

THE BIG DOGS want to thank those of you that got off the porch
this year.  But unfortunately, The FloBoys were just that - boys, er puppies.
The TCG teams were too high strung (Dulcimers? - had to look that
one up - should have been named the Dobermans! The Guitars
should have been Greyhounds, the Mandolins should have been Mastiffs,
the Banjos should have been Boxers, etc. - you get the point).
NOTNUFRTTY team just didn't have QUITENUFRTTY to muster and
the COOL DUDES were pretty cool despite being DUDS.  The Baud
Boys were just plain baud (baud boys, baud boys, whacha going do
when they come for you?)  Thanks for all the fun!

Disclaimer:  The above paragraph was tongue-in-cheek humor for
those of you that take offense to having a little fun.  If it weren't for
all the great teams that participated, we'd all be miserable little mutts
in this dog-eat-dog world we live in.

73, Swamp Dog
http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/