[RTTY] Working your Buddies in RTTY contests

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 20:35:16 -0500

There was a recent discussion about working our buddies in
RTTY contest for multipliers and having them count (or not).

I had a buddy of mine call me in the NAQP contest Saturday
and I moved him to each of the other 4 bands.

It was Mike, W5ZPA, a big time RTTY Honor Roll DX'er.  It
didn't surprise me that he called me and I'm sure glad he did.  I
moved him to each band and he was the only LA station I worked
in the contest.  That was 5 additional multipliers.

I asked Mike to work at least 2 other stations (anyway) and he said
he already had.  I then saw him later on 40M working stations - cool.
I don't think Mike will ever be a big time contester and I'm pretty
sure he won't send in a log, but he sure did me a favor on Saturday.
Thanks Mike!

Had this been the CQWW or WPX RTTY contest and Mike
elected to work only me, those QSO's would have been removed
from my log.  This is a perfect example of why the log checking
criteria for those contests need to be changed.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/