[RTTY] WriteLog screen shots

Duane Budd w5ben@arrl.net
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:06:30 -0400

Jim said:

"IMHO, this is the right thing to do unless the topic merits
discussion. "

Ah yes - but WHO gets to decide what "merits discussion"?

I appreciate all the comments made on the reflector for my
help.

Duane Budd
w5ben@arrl.net

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-admin@contesting.com
[mailto:rtty-admin@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Jim Reisert
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 17:14 PM
To: w7ti@dslextreme.com; RTTY Reflector
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WriteLog screen shots

The original requestor could post a summary, so people don't
have to read
through endless series of re-quotes of the original messages
(see below).
IMHO, this is the right thing to do unless the topic merits
discussion.  Asking
people  what they use sounds like something that can be
summarized without
discussion.

wrote:

> >When someone asks for suggestions as to what software to
use, IMHO,
> >recommendations should be "this is what I use and why I
use it", and it
> >should be in a "private" email, not to the entire
reflector!

> Private?  I like seeing the recommendations.  How else are
we to
> learn this kind of thing?  Word of mouth is the best, IMO.

=====
Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA
01863
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>,
http://www.ad1c.com