[RTTY] NAQP RTTY twice a year?

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 19:51:24 -0500

It has come to my attention that the NAQP contest is
run twice a year for both SSB and CW but not for RTTY.

Why not for RTTY?

What would be the best weekend to have a winter NAQP?

What about November?
It's been pointed out that SS and CQWW CW in November could
take away from an NAQP RTTY contest.  This is true.  November
does not look good.

What about October?
October only has one major RTTY contest - JARTS.   There
is the NCJ Sprint.  What about replacing the Sprint with an NAQP RTTY
Contest?  The OK RTTY contest is also in October.

What about December?
The 3rd weekend in December is open but is it wise to put it between
the TARA Sprint and the ARRL RTTY Roundup?  I think so.

Or should we have a winter NAQP RTTY at all?

Personally - replacing the NCJ Sprint in October and the 3rd weekend
in December are the two weekends that look best to me.  October looks
even better to me because I'll probably be duck hunting in December.

Those that operated last weekend have to admit it is a very fun contest - NAQP.
Why not have it twice a year like CW and SSB?  I have changed my stance
on there being too many RTTY contest - I agree - even though I'm 45 minutes
into the Russian contest and having fun in a contest that has low activity...
K6BIR, AA6TY, W1TO, K7ZUM, SP4TXI, DU3NXE, KB5BOB, HB9AWS,
VE2EH, NJ7H, KA2D, WA8LCZ, KB5MU, RA3DJA, K6ZJ, AA9RR, W9HLY,
K2YG, NY1S, UA3SAW, ZL2AMI and JK1OLT have all stopped by to say hello.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/