[RTTY] Tuning Up or Down?

Frank Hunt ditdah@infogen.net.nz
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 01:04:53 +1300

I've gotta get in on this one before the topic is killed off.

Mostly I go up, but now and then I go down.

But I must admit there have been a few occasions when I'm going up,
but then decide down would be better.

Quick slick contacts give me an up, but if qrm is bad and lots of
repeats are needed, then that can get me down.

I also get downers because my old rig only has one vfo, and wish I
had a new rig with dual vfo's so I could go up and down at same time.

If someone "steals" my frequency I can get uppish.

Sometimes after a real exciting - new multiplier, been chasing you
all weekend from band to band type QSO, I can't remember whether I
was going up or down. So I take five, and I pour myself another cup
of coffee and stroke the cat, (it really helps!)

I would like to conclude by letting everyone know, that if I am in
S&P mode, and you want to work me, then pse call up, and if that
doesn't work, call down, one way or other I'll be listening for you.

73, Frank ZL2BR