[RTTY] SPAM

Garry Shapiro garry@ni6t.com
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:48:10 -0000

MS Outlook has a preview function. It was useful to see the "rob ball" virus
email...which Outlook intercepted, anyway.

Garry

__________________________________
160 meters---not a band but an obsession

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-admin@contesting.com [mailto:rtty-admin@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Bill Turner
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 14:22
To: Garry Shapiro
Cc: John Dyer; Kok Chen; rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] SPAM

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 06:44:23 -0000, Garry Shapiro wrote:

>Oh, there is one more defense---I have changed my email address.

One more defense you might want to consider is a program like
MailWasher.  It allows you to preview your mail BEFORE you download it
and here's the best part:  you can bounce mail back to the sender as if
your email address didn't exist.  It has filters you can set to bounce
mail automatically.  I have noticed a definite reduction in spam.  Cool!

Mailwasher is free if you don't mind a pop-up reminder.  For $20 you can
get rid of that and get lifetime support and upgrades.

Get it at:  www.mailwasher.net  I liked it enough to buy it.

73, Bill W7TI