[RTTY] another virus?

Dave Sjolin sjolin@swbell.net
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:50:52 -0600

Bill Turner wrote:

> I've had at least five in the last two days, all spoofing the RTTY
> reflector.  I wonder if it's a sicko ham attempting revenge of some
> kind?  We have been jammed by pactor guys during contests....

Its not some sicko ham. The Wall Street Journal had an article about it
this morning. Worldwide there has been an attack of the bad trans B worm
since last Friday. I think it may have started in Great Britain but it
seems to be hitting primarily home rather than business users. Be asured
its hitting other reflectors and other users worldwide.

73 de Dave, N0IT