[RTTY] another one

Mike Mellinger WA0SXV wa0sxv@mellinger.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:23:42 -0700

I just checked the headers on the last one and it was indeed forwarded
through contesting.com.  I suspect that your mail server is probably
intercepting the bad ones and just not telling you about it.

Mike WA0SXV

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-admin@contesting.com [mailto:rtty-admin@contesting.com] On
Behalf Of John Hirth
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 10:54
To: RTTY Reflector
Subject: Re: [RTTY] another one

Gentlemen,

Are we SURE that the virus messages are being forwarded by the RTTY
REFLECTOR? I mean, has anyone took a detailed look at the headers of the
infected messages to check the stops along the way?

I say this because although some RTTY list members have complained about
getting multiple infected messages I have not (yet) gotten one!  Perhaps
the virus is being sent directly from the infected machine to some list
MEMBERS directly, using addresses stored in the infected system's
address book or from messages in the inbox, without going through the
list server itself. (I admit not yet having read the operational details
of the subject virus).

Just something to think about before we all point the finger at the list
server.

73 and thanks for listening.
John W2KI