[RTTY] Anyone else hear this?

Jeff Stai WK6I jstai@home.com
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:06:36 -0700

I do the same thing - after a contest for about a day, but it depends
on the contest:

- CW: every beepy sound is code
- RTTY: every whistley sound is RTTY
- phone: every voice I can't quite hear is using phonetics!

That last one scared the crud out of me first time it happened!-)

hope all had fun in the 'test this weekend - know I did! - jeff wk6i

At 05:32 PM 9/30/01, Barry wrote:
>Contest ended 30 mins ago and I still hear RTTY in my head!
>
>On 30 Sep 01, WA9ALS - John wrote:
>
>> I keep hearing this racket that sounds like a nearby RTTY station's
>> exchanges.  HOwever, tuning the dial has no effect on the sound!  I hear it
>> on 20M and 15M both!  What the heck is that?  It -not- another station here
>> in this shack.  ??

jeff stai
radio stuff:   WK6I in DM13
rocket stuff:  NAR #21059 TRA #3356 Level 2 Cert.
email:         jstai@home.com or wk6i@arrl.net
ROC web page:  http://www.rocstock.org/
LDRS web page: http://www.ldrs20.org/