[RTTY] CQ/RJ SM5FUG SOAB

Jan Palmquist jan.palmquist@mailbox.swipnet.se
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 17:31:01 +0200

CQ WW RTTY Contest 2001

Call used: SM5FUG

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX  Zones
80       199   403     1    43    10  Delta loop
40       148   315     3    50    13  HF6V-X Vertical
20       256   583    14    62    27  KT-34A 4 el yagi + HF6V-X
15       294   796    41    64    27  KT-34A 4 el yagi + HF6V-X
10       120   315    21    57    23  KT-34A 4 el yagi + HF6V-X
--------------------------------------
Total   1017  2412    80   276   100

Claimed Score: 1099872

Radio   : Kenwood TS-850S + 500 W amplifier
Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5 + Cabrillo converter by SM6BSK
RTTY TU1: RiTTY 2.38 + 83 MHz Pentium PC
RTTY TU2: PK-232MBX + dumb terminal

Club Participation: TOEC - Top of Europe Contesters

Strange condx. Saturday was OK but difficult to keep a run
frequency so I did a lot of S&P. Sunday was better on 15m
but I heard no US stations at 10m, only South Americans. 80
was not good, did not hear HC8N this year and only one US
worked. Noise level gets worse for each year here in the
city. On Saturday morning when I went on 40m, I experienced
a lot of RF-feed back, was not able to run more than 150
watts out. I have always had some RF-problems on 40m but
this was worse than ever, tried ferrit cores on all cables
but nothing helped. After a couple of computer crashes when
I used the vertical on 20m I finally climbed the roof to find
a broken screen connection on the coax to the vertical.
I fixed that and was back to normal again. I hope my
neighbours didn't watch morning TV on Saturday.

This year gave the lowest number of American districts for many
years, 20m is a failure, I missed the 20m morning opening on
Saturday. Very few west-coasters worked/heard on any band. But
all my S&P gave on the other hand the highest number of worked
zones ever.

Thanks all for the QSOs and see you soon again.

73's de Jan/SM5FUG