NOW ON WEB Re: [RTTY] Results of Anarts WW RTTY Contest 2001

Jerry Flanders jflanders2@home.com
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 15:09:36 -0400

Can non-gurus answer also?

I use none.  I think the usual email virus/worm attacks only the most
popular email program. Use an off-beat program and you will be
automatically immune to the majority of them. Most are targeted at the mail
reader that comes with microsoft's internet explorer, and seem intended to
exploit its features/weaknesses. I forget the name, because I have never
used it.

I have been using Eudora for years - when I got a copy of the happy virus
from a friend a year ago it was obvious when I tried to read the mail with
Eudora. He had no idea he had been infected until I told him.

I will not execute any EXE attachment unless I am willing to take a risk.
On the other hand, text is no risk at all if you simply read it - a basic
text reader does not execute anything - only displays it on the screen.
When in doubt, drop all the way back to DOS and open it in EDIT.  Windows
ME still has a version of DOS and EDIT.

Jerry W4UK