[RTTY] AL-1200 arcing during QRO RTTY contesting

Jerry Flanders jflanders2@home.com
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 00:00:37 -0400

The reason I bought my AL-1200 was because it appeared to be such a rugged
amp and appeared fully capable of RTTY service at the maximum legal 1.5 KW.
What I quoted before is from advertising literature. Ameritron states in
the Al-1200 manual:

"Technical Specifications - Output: 1/2 hour continuous carrier: 1500 watts
(below 18 MHz)"

Advertising hype? I dunno. Disclaimer - I have been fooled before by clever
advertising.

Jerry W4UK