[RTTY] MORE - AL-1200 arcing residue during QRO RTTY contesting

Jerry Flanders jflanders2@home.com
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 00:12:38 -0400

John,

I wonder if the amp is in its original configuration. The AL-1200 has the
ability to silence the blower by moving the blower tap on a transformer to
a different voltage to reduce blower noise. Could someone have moved that
tap? In RTTY service, you would want maximum possible cooling. Standard
configuration is "Medium High", but it also has "Low", "Medium Low", and
"High" speed taps.

You might want to open it up and check that blower connection. Let me know
if you need more details on this.

Jerry W4UK