[WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] RITTY under Windows 2000 or Windows XP?

David Fister dfister@siol.net
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:53:45 +0200

RITTY will work only with ISA sound card.
I run RITTY/Writelog under WinME during CQWWRTTY but I think it wont work
under WinNT/XP.

73, David

-----Original Message-----
From: writelog-admin@contesting.com [mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Jim Reisert
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 7:40 PM
To: Neal Campbell and Sarah Ferrell; Jim Reisert; rtty@contesting.com;
writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] RITTY under Windows 2000 or Windows XP?

--- Neal Campbell and Sarah Ferrell <k3nc@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I am pretty sure it will not run under XP  nor NT/2000. I can guarantee it
> will not run under NT as I have tried it in the past. NT/2000?XP hides the
> physical hardware from your programs and RITTY needs that level of access
> (unless Brian has done some major changes in the past year or so!)

That's a good point!  I was concerned with the pre-emptive multi-tasking
aspect, I hadn't even considered the hardware access!

I may try it on the home office PC (WinXP, SoundBlaster Live PCI) to see
what
happens.  I know that isn't the right kind of sound card.

MMTTY is looking like a better option all the time.

73 - Jim

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com