[RTTY] RE: Chen's view of the conditions!

Mobile Workshop mobile.workshop@guernseytelecoms.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:47:40 +0100

Hi to Chen and the group........

Just a little observation from the contest that I didn't put in my score.

Sometime on Sunday afternoon (1500UTC ish) I saw Raj calling CQ for all he
was worth, but I just couldn't get you to hear my call! Don AA5AU was well
down in the muck on 20m, and yet several VK's were real easy to work, and
had huge signals.
And what a joy to work Frank ZL2BR for the first time! Nice one Frank! and
thanks!

I did see you being worked Chen, but had absolutely NO copy on you at all.
Oddly, I found no W6's anywhere, but did make it with K7WM on 2 bands.
Missed out on quite a few W and VE call-area mults during JARTS, as condx
just weren't as good as they could have been.

And, as someone said, the JA's were a real treat! Nice to see so many on,
and what a joy to work. I decided to call CQ on 20m at one point, and the
pile up was so silly! It does help if some of you give the caller a chance
to work someone before you shove your call in again. Ah well, I suppose
that's all part of the game.

I do wish some of you would send a callsign with the exchange! I kept seeing
QSL UR 599-age-age-age TNX come up on screen in reply to a CQ, but had no
idea of who it was from!
There did seem to be many new calls in this one as well, so maybe RTTY is
growing in popularity - perhaps due to MMTTY.

Ah well, time to get sorted for WAE and all those QTC's! That should sort
the men from the girls!

73 to all, and a great contest.............. see you in the next one.
Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the author immediately and delete it, together
with all copies, from your system.  You are unauthorised to
directly, or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
any part of this message if you are not its intended recipient.
 Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Guernsey Telecoms.

Information held on any of Guernsey Telecoms' computer
systems is the property of Guernsey Telecoms. Guernsey
Telecoms reserves the right to monitor and review the
content of all information, messages and attachments sent
to or from this e-mail address.