[RTTY] RE: Chen's view of the conditions!

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt@panix.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 18:19:38 -0400 (EDT)

   From: Raj VE6RAJ <raj@logicresources.com>
   Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:58:09 -0600

   Hi Shelby:

   I agree that there is lots of good information there. However it seems
   to break down in the practical application. Can you imagine calling a
   station in the CQWW SSB test thus:

   "VE6RAJ VE6RAJ VE6RAJ K1XXX"
   or
   "599 04 599 04 VE6RAJ"

   Yet quite often in a rtty test I get VE6RAJ VE6RAJ VE6RAJ DE K1XXX

   I do know my own call sign. RTTY contetsing is no different than the
   other modes. Make sure the calling station gets your call sign, and work
   on the premise that the calling station knows his own call sign.

I'd like for people to pass this on to their DXer friends, also.
If I'm at 3D2CI, I know my call.

And I don't need to be told I'm 599 6 times.  If you send a real
report, then twice is OK.  I don't want to know your name or state if
I'm on some island.  And I mostly don't want to chat if I've got a
pileup going.*

73, doug

* I want to publicly thank Eddie for passing a message to my wife,
  BTW.  She was beginning to wonder.