[RTTY] RE: Chen's view of the conditions!

Tom Osborne w7why@harborside.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 01:02:33 +0100

"Andrew J. O'Brien" wrote:

> So, what do we do when the other stations mis-copies our >callsign?  Since I operate low power I include my callsign a >couple of time in the exchange..

I always send the other stations callsign once just in case I'm a
little off frequency or something.  Gives time to get me in
right.  Another peeve of mine is someone going, "W7WHY K2XYZ".
There's a great feature built into contesting software that
recognizes the call after the "de" as the station we are trying
to work.  A click with the mouse or hitting the "home" key puts
the call in the field and saves a lot of typing.  But, there's no
contesting like RTTY contesting!!!!   73
Tom W7WHY