[RTTY] 80m from KH6

Jim Reisert jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:01:42 -0700 (PDT)

I don't stay up all night when I'm operating from home.  I generally sleep from
midnight local time (04z in summer, 05z in winter) to an hour before sunrise
(sunrise approx. 11z right now in MA).  So chances are you are not going to
find me at your sunset, but rather at my sunrise, which is in the middle of
your night.  In day-to-day DXing, I haven't worked too many pacific stations on
even 40 meters at Pacific sunset, and I think only one on 80 at Pacific sunset
(VP6BR who used to work CW in the 75m DX window).  And I'm pretty far east.
The midwest and west coast guys will be on 80/40 even later than me.

I did work AH7R on 80 in the CQ/RJ WW RTTY contest, and he *did* have a good
signal.  But it was at my sunrise, not his sunset.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com