[RTTY] JARTS RTTY 2001 - actually condx CQWW SSB

Kok Chen chen@mac.com
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 09:01:49 -0800

> On another note, looks like the PHONE guys are having the same
> propagation we had last weekend.

Like last weekend's weird blackout, there was a minor one
at about 0545z 28/10/01.  Everybody went kinda fluttery.
But it was nowhere near what we experienced last week,
and didn't last as long, either.

10m was phenomenal on Saturday.  There was a point in
the late afternoon where I worked all continents except
Antartica on 10m within a span of minutes.  And, if I
can do it, imagine what "real" stations can do :-).  VR2BG
was S9+ here (Brett in another of these guys who do all
the modes.  I'd hate to be his QSL manager, which happens
to be himself :-).

At about 0230z, just when Southeast Asia (HS, XW, 9M2) was
fading, the "stans" boomed in like I have never before heard on
10m.  EX, UN and UK were easy pickings; so it must have been a
rather selective opening between them and the West Coast.  That
opening lasted perhaps 15 minutes for me, but it will be hard to
forget.

The last stations to fade out in the West Coast were the VK and
ZL, and by 0430z, 10m was just noise from this QTH.

73
Chen, AA6TY