[RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Contest

Gerd Uhlig Gerd Uhlig" <dl7vog@snafu.de
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:52:35 -0000

Hi all,

I agree with you John.

For me QTCs are also fun. I  love this contest - so I try to participate as
often as possible (also from some semi-rare DX spots like J7 last year, V4
the year before and HK0 this year). Last year i was able to manage to be
second Non-EU with my little toy-rig IC-706 into a HF9VX vertical. Probably
the call sign is an additional multiplier but I think that collecting QTCs
seriously was the main reason to win the North America division. I had 1517
QTCs (nobody had more) amongst them QTCs from guys who did not even know how
to handle them. Their software did it for them "CTL-S" - "ALT-A" - that is
all they had to do. Some seemed to be surprised how easy it was. And I found
some of those guys afterwards exchanging QTCs - EI4DW was one of them!!!

And I tell you - if you are seriously in the contest - after a "while" the
"CQ"-periods are growing bigger and bigger and your eye lids are getting
heavier and heavier. QTCs take a little time and avoid at least some periods
of unbusy time.

It is a real pity that San Andres belongs to North America. I would love to
ask you for QTCs. I think, it will be harder this year from the western
Caribbean.

I hope for good condx and expect to get most of you into my log.

Cu in WAEDC from HK0 / San Andres

Gerd / DL7VOG