[RTTY] RTTY 23 - Someone please kill it!

Tom Moore wx4tm@mindspring.com
Sat, 01 Sep 2001 05:59:32 -0500

though my introduction to RTTY 23 has been somewhat limited so far
(just 15 Q's).. I think that with some refining, it could possibly be
quite good.. yes, it seemed to require critical tuning.. just a few
Hz or so off freq and it was no copy.. if my vfo/clarifier was
slower/wider it would seem to be easier to more quickly tune.. and,
like many I suspect, it'd be better/nicer to do it fsk instead of
afsk and that presents probs in many radios.. and error correction
would be great too.. yea, even on regular rtty.. lots of probs that
if overcome could result in a really neat rtty capability that may,
indeed, yet have significant promise for widespread use in the
future.

while it's not just right yet, I applaud the developers of this
new stuff.. keep up the good work.. we need folks like you stretching
your imagination, resources and capabilities to bring better things
to amateur radio..

Tom Moore/WX4TM ex KL7Q