[RTTY] Re 23 Hz RTTY - MMTTY + WF1B

Phil Cooper Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 21:40:07 +0100

Hi all,

Just out of curiosity, I hooked up these two programs in the normal manner
for contests, and then changed the "profile" of MMTTY to 23Hz RTTY, and
although I did copy signals OK, and tried responding (a few more parameters
to set yet!), it seemed to set the KAM part of WF1B into control mode.

I am not sure why WF1B should show:- (and I <<think>> it is Ctrl T)
ENTER Ctrl T + R to Rx
Enter Ctrl T + T to Tx

After that, the only way to get it to Rx was to quit and restart. Perhaps
there is something I am not aware of when using the KAM interface for both
programs.

In the end, I didn't make any QSO's, and the only one I heard regularly was
9K/KM5FY, who was a solid signal here.
I am not in favour of using PSK31 for contest purposes, as it simply means
many folk wind all knobs up to full, and tune for maximum smoke! Not the
idea really, and I am not sure that 23Hz RTTY lends itself to this either!

73 for now,
Phil GU0SUP