[RTTY] RESULTS: Off Topic - Need Advice on Receiving Antenna for 80M

John vk4cej@hamsnet.net
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 11:27:13 +1000

>From reading off the Internet and from the replies I received, I can see
> that a beverage antenna will probably not work because I wouldn't be
> able to direct it toward EU because the direction is wrong.

In that case Don, maybe you could direct it towards VK...   You would be
astounded at the number of stations my friends and I receive here that are
S9 or greater and even when I point at them and hit them with our maximum
allowable power,  :-)    they cannot hear me.   I have always wondered why
it is that at contesting time, the big multi-op groups always use deaf
operators.

John - vk4cej