[RTTY] Tragedy

WA9ALS - John wa9als@starband.net
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 08:18:22 -0500

> Speechless at the horror events in New York and Washington.
> Our deepest sympathy to all Americans.
>
> de Tapani/OH2LU

Thank you, Tapani!  We ARE unnerved, even those of us far from the
devastation and with no relatives in the areas, and comments like yours are
welcomed.  I thought the ham reflectors were VERY quiet yesterday, with only
rare mentions of what happened (I saw 2 other posts).  After those, I half
expected some idiot to yell "OFF TOPIC" or something negative like that.
Human nature...

Does anyone know of an appropriate reflector where yesterday's events and
particularly what's going on in their area can be appropriately discussed by
members of the ham fraternity?

Even Indiana is sending special search search and rescue teams to NYC at the
request of FEMA, and
in Indianapolis, people are lined up around the block to donate at the
central blood bank this morning.  Not much on the ARES nets last night
though - Any -RTTY- nets involved in the ARES effort, and where can they be
found??

73 - John (WA9ALS) - Indiana