[RTTY] Condolences

Phil Cooper Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:28:11 +0100

Just wanted to add my sympathies to all of my friends in the USA.
I had just come back from doing a spot of fishing, and saw someone say WATCH
CNN! on the DX Cluster.
I popped inside and put the TV on to CNN and could not believe what I was
seeing!
Words simply fail to express the feelings of horror.

These tragic events have even hit a small place like Guernsey, as there are
several Guernsey folk in NY at this time.
In our local paper today (Thursday), there is mention of one young girl from
here who had planned to get up early and go to the top of the WTC to watch
the sunrise on that fateful day.
Fortunately for her, her alarm clock failed to go off, and she didn't have
time to make the trip!
There was also mention of a lad who is over there getting some
work-experience as a political lobbyist, and is based in the Pentagon! He
too is safe.

Sadly, I fear that it will be some while before the scale of the tragedy is
known, and I trust and hope that the powers that be can stay cool, and not
let this escalate.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

73 de Phil GU0SUP