[RTTY] (no subject)

Bill Hellman vze27322@verizon.net
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 23:33:55 +0100

Dear Friends.

My son-in-law Edoardo was on the 73rd floor when the aircraft crashed
on the floors above him. Having experienced the bomb explosion in the
WTC several years ago, he ran immediately to the stairways and literally
sprinted down them. He met many firemen climbing up the stairs with all
their
fire-fighting gear. He fears they all perished. He was able to get down and
out after sloshing through a lot water, broken glass and dirt.. My wife and
and our daughter were quite worried with what we saw on television until we
received
a cell call from Edo letting us know he was safe. He had to walk up the west
side of Manhattan until he found a taxi to take him to a bridge crossing to
the
Bronx. All bridges were shut down to traffic. All railroad and subway
transportation
was shut down. He asked me to come to NYC to get him. After about 2 hours we
were
able to meet at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx thanks to our cell phones.
Needless to say, he is still in
shock. Our relatives in Europe and Canada have been calling and sending
e-mail
all day and they were glad to hear that Edo was safe. Driving down under the
elevated
train structure to Yankee Stadium I felt like Gene Hackman in the French
Connection movie.
I had to wind in and out of the pillars and avoid stupid women wheeling baby
carriages out into
the roadway without looking.  He is home with us and since his office no
longer exists
(he works for the Port Authority of NY and NJ) he doesn't know where his job
site
will be.

I thank all the friends who have sent messages of sympathy for this
situation.

73, Bill - NA2M