[RTTY] DXP38 vs MMTTY tuning faceoff

Hill, Don dhill@cprk.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:16:06 -0500

Despite MMTTY not being properly "tuned", it still
out copied the DXP38 (in this situation).  For anyone
using WriteLog and not subscribed to the WriteLog
reflector, I've added pages to my WriteLog site showing
how to set up "dual receive" using a single radio.

http://www.geocities.com/writelog

The screen shot on the last page (page 7) shows the
DXP38 in comparison with WriteLog's WinRTTY where the
DXP38 is out copying WinRTTY.  Even though these are
one-time screen shots under one set of circumstances, it
supports my feeling on which TU's are better:
1. MMTTY
2. DXP-38
3. WinRtty Wideband decode
4. PK232
5. WinRtty Standard
4. KAM

These are the only TU's I have used at my home QTH, others
may be better and/or worse.

73, Don AA5AU