[RTTY] Cabrillo.exce for CQWW RTTY ??

Waldemar DK3VN dk3vn@arcormail.de
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:41:35 +0200

nh6xm@flex.com wrote:

> At 11:04 AM 9/25/01 +0100, Mobile Workshop wrote:
>

> >Pierre raised what I thought was a good question, but I see that the rules
> >state that you CAN submit your XXX.ALL and XXX.SUM files instead.
> >
> >Is this correct, or am I missing something here?
> >

> The way I read it Phil, you're correct. However, according to rule Xl, the
> log must be submitted in cabrillo format to be eligble for an award.
>
> 73 John

There is a serious contradiction in the rules about "Cabrillo or not .."

Paragraph XI. 'Awards' says:
"To be eligible for an award a log must be submitted in Cabrillo format."

Paragraph XII.d. 'Instructions for Preparation of Logs:' says:
"If the Cabrillo format is not available, logs required to be submitted
 electronically ..., etc. pp."

In the other sub-paragraphs of 'XII' you can find a description of the
necessary log format, if you don't use the Cabrillo format. That's all
and no exception, if you are expecting to win an awards.

In many rules (not for contests only!) you can find some more or less
serious contradictions; each time the question is: Which paragraph
out rules which one? I was educated, in this case you can refer to the
rules/paragraphs, which you prefer; always! That may be different in
some parts of our world?  ;-)

See you in the contest (THE MAYOR CONTEST WORLDWIDE!) and have fun (!),
with or without clear, easy to understand and contradiction free rules.

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
PS: I refer to http://www.rttyjournal.com/rules/cqww.html
--
Check RWRL on  http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn   mailto:dk3vn@darc.de