Fw: [RTTY] DXP38 vs MMTTY tuning faceoff

Marijan Miletic, S56A artinian@siol.net
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:30:10 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_0087_01C146DA.CD19CEC0

I overlooked missing reflector address!  I guess I kept RTTY audio volume
high (fortunately with a low tones) for too long :-)

UE de Mario, S56A, N1YU

----- Original Message -----
From: Marijan Miletic, S56A
To: Mobile Workshop
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 7:54 AM
Subject: Re: [RTTY] DXP38 vs MMTTY tuning faceoff

I don't have the level of understanding of English as Phil and Chen, so I
had to check the dictionary for a daft word :-)

Choice of low tones makes sense for SSB filters in any radio.  There is some
theoretical loss of information due to reduced number of carrier (1350 v.
2200 Hz) cycles within data timeframe (22 msec for 45 baud).
However, audio tuning is simple especially after a lot of 800 Hz CW
practice.

Once upon a time LSB was the standard for CW and RTTY.  We all know that USB
requires just an inverter...

UE de Mario, S56A, N1YU

P.S.  I preffer banana split to the crossed ones :-)