[RTTY] ICON-746

Mike k4gmh@arrl.net
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:59:59 -0400

Hello Tom,

If you can get a good deal on an IC-746 take it!  That's what I use and it
is an excellent radio.  I run AFSK - never tried FSK although it is well
described in the Icom Manual.  Programs used here with the Icom are MixW2,
Writelog, and RITTY - all work FB in the various modes, CW, SSB (wave
files), RTTY, PSK, etc.

The Icom line is simple to CAT control.  An interface is easy to build to
do it.

Also, in the ARRL Handbook is a simple circuit that uses the Icom to
control your ant.  Again, if you need any info. on building it, let me know
as it is used here.

You will need a 20 Amp., 13.5 VDC power supply, but if the deal comes with
the power supply thrown in, that makes it even sweeter.

	73,
	Mike, K4GMH