[RTTY] EA Contest - rules & WF1B

Olda Linhart - OK1YM ok1ym@seznam.cz
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 09:57:39 +0000

Hi to all,

a little of history:

- September 2000  - U.R.E. had changed rules EA RTTY contest since season
2001
                  RULE CHANGES for 2001
                  This contest has added W, VE, JA and VK call areas to
                  it’s multiplier list in the hope of increasing activity
                  from these countries. (The message for stations outside
                  EA is also changed from CQ Zone to serial number).

- December 2000 - Ray WF1B give us his great SW for free ( version 5.00 )

- beginning of April 2001 - Ray WF1B uploaded version 5.01 to his web site
                          but this version included some bugs as you can read
                          in the following email :

The EA part of v 5.01 has bugs :-(
Check out the Rules at http://www.rttyjournal.com  sent to me by EA1MV
in September 2000.
1: No QSO points are given for working your own DXCC country,
DL to DL, W to W, JA to JA, etc.
Two of the Spanish province abbreviations are incorrect.
PM should be IB and OR should be OU. Assuming that all EA stations
will be sending the correct abbreviations as per U.R.E recommendations,
after all they sponsor the contest, if you log IB and/or OU, no multiplier
credit will be given. The saving grace is that Antonio, EA1MV will be using
WT4I's contest tools to Cabrillorise all received logs. When the converted
logs are run through Bruce's log checking software, the above errors will
all be corrected and appropriate QSO points will be credited. So, the bottom
line is, if Ray doesn't come out with a new version in time, enter the
contest,
have fun, submit your log and summary sheet WITHOUT making any amendments to
either file.When the results are published, your scores should improve
considerably compared to the WF1B's summary sheet's claims. I bet
than doesn't happen very often :-)   Eddie, W6/G0AZT.

- 1 day before 2001 EA RTTY contest - Ray uploaded version 5.02 which
corrected some
previous bugs but still has some as you can see.

solved some bugs of previous version
 It has these 3 changes in it:
  - can click on serno
  - changed PM to IB
  - changed OR to OU

Ray

WF1B sw never supported OK DX RTTY contest directly, but you could used
EA RTTY contest which had the similar rules.

The rules of EA RTTY contest has been changed for season 2001
( W, VE, JA & VK  area added as mult. )

That is why you can not use version 5.01 or 5.02 of WF1B without
recounting of score when the contest will be over.

There is only one way how to use WF1B for OK DX RTTY contest. Use version
5.00 which is available for eg. on my web site . Choose EA RTTY contest and
do not forget to change the name of the contest before sending your logs.

Rules of OK DX RTTY contest ara available for eg.
<http://www.crk.cz/eng/DXCONTE.HTM>

All free versions of WF1B and some utilities and notice are available for eg.

<http://www.qsl.net/ok1ym/rtty/rttytest.htm>

So WF1B version 5.02 is the last one until now. It has some bugs but I
still use
it and like it. I will send my result soon.

CU on my screen and thanks for all contacts - Olda J41YM