[RTTY] FT-920

Steve Daniel Steve Daniel" <nn4t@bellsouth.net
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 23:55:28 -0500

I hate to give up and ask, but here goes. I put my 920 in place while the
1000mp is in the shop. In setting it up for rtty, with WriteLog, I managed
to get the audio in and out lines in place and the radio is keyed via Com 1.
I am running afsk, as I do with the 1000mp. With the radio in data mode,
LSB, all I get is a carrier out when I transmit. LSB, by the way, is the
mode I use on the 1000mp. In data USB I get tones, no problem. WriteLog,
however, doesn't decode them in the USB mode. The manual discussed AFSK only
in regard to USB, with FSK discussed with LSB. Is there not a way to put the
radio in Data/LSB, as I do with the MP, and have it work in AFSK? Surely I
am missing something very simple here. I will appreciate any help that is
offered. Steve, NN4T.