[RTTY] Where has all the RTTY Gone

WI8W wi8w@arrl.net
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:26:25 -0000

Is it just my imagination or am I missing something here?

I am just getting into RTTY and I am having a devil of a time even finding
RTTY stations on the air except during contests.  I can receive RTTY from
the ARRL bulletins ok but I sure would like to hook up with someone to make
sure that the transmit side of things are working ok.

I have called CQ for many times in the last month and have gotten no
contacts. Am I on the wrong sideband?  Inverted? Wrong frequency? I just
wonder if I have something (or many) things set wrong.

I run MMTTY, Writelog and a Yaesu FT-920.  The manual for data comms on this
radio is real confusing and stuff I have gotten from the web do not make it
any clearer.

Any help would be appreciated.

73

Thom WI8W