[RTTY] YA/G0TQJ/RTTY NAQP

Mobile Workshop mobile.workshop@guernseytelecoms.com
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 08:40:34 +0100

Hi Wayne, and all...............

First, YA/G0TQJ, I saw a note a while back that he was returning to the UK.
That was about 4 - 6 weeks ago, so I guess he is back home now. No clue as
to whether he will return!

Second, I have no 160m capability, so won't play on that band anyway, but I
have no objection to it being included.

As for NAQP in general, well, I enjoy the contest (it's short, and fun!) but
it doesn't seem to cater for DX stations that well. I had a couple of NA
stations tell me they couldn't work me for points but were happy to have a
QSO, and two said SRI NA ONLY, and then carried on CQ'ing.
Whilst the rules are fairly clear about who works whom, I would like to see
more encouragement for DX stations to participate.

And finally, for those folk who dislike the ragchewer in the midst of a
contest, well - try having GU as a prefix!
See, there IS a downside to it! I get asked for my WAB square, IOTA, WWLOC,
do I know so-and-so who used to be a GU way back in the 40's or
50's.................
And as Bill said, when they get to the name of their dog, I'm outta there!

73 to all, and see you in SARTG!
Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the author immediately and delete it, together
with all copies, from your system.  You are unauthorised to
directly, or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
any part of this message if you are not its intended recipient.
 Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Guernsey Telecoms Ltd.

Information held on any of Guernsey Telecoms' computer
systems is the property of Guernsey Telecoms Ltd. Guernsey
Telecoms Ltd reserves the right to monitor and review the
content of all information, messages and attachments sent
to or from this e-mail address.