[RTTY] 160 rtty activity

may may" <may@snet.net
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 11:36:58 -0400

It was interesting to try out 160 last night. I had never really paid much
attention to it before. Surprising how quiet it became. Looking forward to
exchanging qsls with K1US at Boxboro for the contacts and it was nice to
work W9HLY and hear VE3WQ. I did hear sigs at times as I called cq, enough
to know a signal was there, but nothing productive. Don't know if it was
someone else calling cq or someone who copied me, but who I didn't copy.
Wouldn't it have been great to work G0URR as Robert started the whole
process!
Will listen again tonight, and perhaps not go down to the tv as often as I
did last night.

The Ukraine rtty test Nov. 2-3 does cover 160 so perhaps by then we will be
more apt to check it out during the contest.

For the ones who don't have room for a wire, one of the old timers in our
club, who only operated 160, made a vertical and used that.

May  WA1EHK