[RTTY] 160 meter

Kok Chen chen@mac.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 12:10:15 -0700

Ed, K4SB wrote:
> Why not just use the standard RTTY frequency of 80 up? Or for that
> matter, 1980 or so.
> Antennas are shorter, prop is better, and no one is up there.

I second that; higher the frequency the better.  Not only are antennas
shorter, they have more absolute bandwidths, too.   Any loaded antenna
I can put up would have pretty narrow bandwidth to start with.

What are the band limits for EU and JA?   Grab the highest 10 kHz of
a common piece of the top band all of us can use?

SWL report: I usually can hear some 160m stations during a CW
contest, but heard not a single RTTY station last night.

73
Chen, W7AY