[RTTY] 160 meter

K4SB hamcat@directvinternet.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 04:07:17 +0000

> To me, 1805 is the better choice.  In all the listening I've done
> there other than during a contest, I've never heard anyone other
> than us RTTY guys.
> Comments welcome.
> 73, Bill W7TI

I would suggest you try your sunrise when the 160 meter season opens.
You'll find a multitude of JA, VK, and others from the Pacific
designating 1802-1810 as their listening frequency.

In fact, W8JI has a regular season schedule with a VK6 EVERY morning
on 1810. And believe me, his signal will squash you like a bug. (
including all other 160 stations on the East coast )

And with all due disrespect for the stupidity of the ARRL, their band
plans means nothing on the low bands.

80 up from the low end, except for contests, will bother no one. I
cannot understand why we should pick a fight for no reason.

We will lose, and, I fully expect 160 will be completely useless for
RTTY, if it isn't already due to natural causes. The "gentlemen of top
band" are NOT.

73
Ed