[RTTY] WPX RTTY Results

kh6nd@lava.net kh6nd@lava.net
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:25:46 -1000

Waldemar DK3VN wrote:

> hmmm .. I was not talking about the very painful "lending out" of
> plaques at Dayton (some plaques missed or with wrong data). I was
> talking about the fact, that the results of the contests CQ/RJ WW
> and the CQ/RJ WPX are not available for the public in a timely manner.

Timely manner??
Waldemar... the results of the February CQ/RJ WPX were published in
the July issue of CQ magazine. That's only 5 months! I challenge
you to show me any sponsoring publication that does it faster.

> In our world of today, all serious contest sponsors, although many of
> them are small groups with little money, are presenting the results
> via the Web, accessible for everyone, a few months after the contest.
> Many of this contest sponsors are sending out certificates and
> sometimes more.

Who, when, and where?

> But the HAM's of the biggest and richest country in this world are
> hiding the results in magazines, journals or on the Web, accessible
> for "MEMBERS ONLY", for a very long time.

Hiding the results in magazines?
Waldemar... buy a subscription!!

> All the best, everyone has his own point of view, but the time has
> changed!

Yes, times have changed, and the results are now published in the USA
magazines faster than ever before.

ALOHA!

Mike
KH6ND