[RTTY] Re: RFI resistant telephones

Vince Walton hamradio@earthlink.net
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 15:34:25 -0800

Ed,

I use the Panasonic 900 MHz cordless phones here with good success, I first
had an Panasonic cordless phone with an answering machine, it worked with
no RFI here, so I then tried two other Panasonic cordless phones, these are
phones only, got one at K-Mart and the other at Walmart, did not pay a lot
for either one, and they seem to work good as well. I did use a TCE lab
phone at first, but when I found that the Panasonic phone was working, I
put the TCE phone away, still have it, just do not use it any more, I did
loan TCE phone to my neighbor for awhile, she said that I was causing RFI
into her phone, that took care of it. then she bought a cordless phone for
herself, hers was not a Panasonic, have not heard any more from her about
RFI, I was going to give her one of the cordless phone that I bought. I do
not know if other brand of cordless phone will give the same results, but
so far these have worked good here.

Vince, K6BIR