[RTTY] North Dakota "DXpedition" Announcement

Marty Tippin martyt@pobox.com
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 21:34:56 -0600

Yes, RTTY friends, the rare state of North Dakota will be activated for the
2003 ARRL RTTY Roundup...

AE9B and myself (and possibly K0LW and W0ZAP) will be operating from a
portable "field day" style operation in southeastern North Dakota. We'll be
renting a cabin and hauling all the antenna equipment, radios, amps,
computers and long-handled underwear that we could possibly need. Current
plan is to have a least one tribander, a mult-band vertical, and 1/4 wave
verticals / wires for the lower bands. If all goes well, we'll be active on
all bands during the contest; if there's a blizzard, we'll probably just
sit around and play cards.

Contest operation will be with my callsign, NW0L.

QSL direct with SASE or via the buro.

We plan to capture a complete photographic record of this epic journey;
look for details on a web page near you after we get home...

73,

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com